Thursday, July 27, 2006

Piccadilly Circus - Ramblings


Rising out of the tube station only to find myself smack-bang in the middle of Piccadilly Circus, is an experience in itself. And one I wont be forgetting any time soon.

The london tube stations, I have observed, are home to a ruthless competition for advertising space which results in a complete barrage of advertisements targeting the passerby. The contrast between this petty bombardment and the utter dominance of the neon/LCD/epilepsy panels that gush corporate god from the building surrounding Piccadilly Circus is like going from the frying pan straight into the fire.



Don't get me wrong, I love piccadilly Circus, it's gorgeous, I mean hell, it's Time Square's grandad. But nevertheless: be warned. It's enough to kill a man.

No comments: